Who are we?
AP Archive is the film and video archive of The Associated Press (AP), one of the largest and most trusted sources of independent news gathering.
The collection includes over 1.7 million global news and entertainment video stories dating back to 1895, sourced both from AP's own coverage and from our premium content partners. Hours of new video footage is added daily with coverage from AP's global news gathering network.
Why choose AP Archive?
Twice winner of the FOCAL Footage Library of the Year Award, AP Archive provides you with an unrivalled collection of video footage that is quick and easy to access, all backed up by a commitment to provide the very best personal service.
From natural disasters and political debates, to sports highlights and entertainment headlines - if an event happens anywhere in the world, you can be sure that AP will cover it and you will be able to access it.
We take the stress out of sourcing video footage by offering access to some of the world's best and most important archive video collections - our partners include:
ABC News, British Movietone, CCTV, CelebrityFootage, SNTV, TV-AM, TV Globo, Democratic Voice of Burma, KRT North Korea, N-TV Germany, Newzulu, Nine Network Australia, RTL Germany, RTR Russia, Tech TV, Thailand PBS, United Nations TV, Vatican TV, and WWF
- Rare and previously unseen archive video news footage in HD from our restoration projects.
- The iconic British Movietone collection - over 2,200 hours and fully-digitised.
- A vast amount of AP's back-catalogue digitised in broadcast quality and HD.
- More than 1.7 million individual video stories.
- Five hours of new video footage added daily.
- Video footage dating back to 1895.
Our website was built with the help of our customers and is designed to meet the exact needs and workflows of video footage professionals.
- New and faster search engine.
- Ready-made compilations on more than 400 subjects.
- Fast and easy video downloads in a wide choice of file formats.
- Easy online licensing process with a choice of business models.
- Store, organise and manage video footage in clipbins within your own personal workspace.
- Share your work with colleagues directly from the website.
The personal touch
We pride ourselves on having a friendly and professional approach, and our team will always go that extra mile to help you.
- Staff that are knowledgeable about our video footage and understand what researchers and footage users need.
- Great prices and business models to suit your requirements.
- And, our team are multilingual.
We are at your service - just ask!
To find out more about how we can help your video project or production, please contact us.
You can also subscribe to our YouTube channels: AP Archive and British Movietone.
AP Images boasts the most sophisticated digital image network in the world, with an extensive collection of historical and contemporary images.