++CORRECTIVE: The Associated Press erroneously identified one of the organizations involved in the story below. The group is called International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War, not International Pediatricians for the Prevention of Nuclear War as originally stated.++
ASSOCIATED PRESS - AP CLIENTS ONLY
Berlin - 18 November 2017
1. Anti-nuclear protesters in yellow suits,with drums representing nuclear barrels
2. Sign reading (German) "Blind into War?"
3. Anti-nuclear protesters in yellow suits banging drum barrels
4. Cutaway of anti-nuclear protesters with signs reading (English) "Trump stop the crazy"
5. SOUNDBITE (English) Doctor Alex Rosen, chairperson of IPPNW (International Physicians for Prevention of Nuclear War):
"We are protesting in front of the US Embassy and the North Korean Embassy to let the leaders of these two countries know, that we protest (against) their threats, their nuclear threats and we protest in front of the German government because we want the German government join the nuclear ban treaty."
6. Members of Greenpeace in front of US Embassy with banner (English) "Make Peace not War."
7. SOUNDBITE (English) Doctor Alex Rosen, chairperson of IPPNW (International Physicians for Prevention of Nuclear War):
"There's more than 1,800 nuclear bombs on hair-trigger alert today. Bombs that can be launched by the press of a button by Donald Trump or Vladimir Putin and the current crisis on the Korean Peninsula only raises the threat of nuclear war."
8. Mask of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un being held by protesters
9. Anti-nuclear protesters with imitation nuclear rocket making human chain between American and North Korean Embassies
10. Protesters with banners
11. Protesters with imitation rocket walking towards North Korean Embassy
12. Human chain outside North Korean Embassy
13. Human chain along streets between US and North Korean Embassy
14. Protesters with nuclear barrels walking and singing in street
15. Anti-nuclear protesters with signs reading (English) "I want peace"
16. Anti-nuclear protesters with signs
17. Person with mask of Donald Trump with hand on imitation nuclear weapon
18. Person with mask of Donald Trump beside nuclear weapon being photographed
19. Person with mask of Kim Jong UN beside imitation nuclear weapon
20. Protesters passing globe to each other to symbolise protesters saving world
21. Masked Kim Jong Un imitator being pushed away by protesters
22. Anti-nuclear protesters in front of Brandenburg Gate
Hundreds of people formed a human chain between the United States and North Korean embassies in downtown Berlin on Saturday during a protest over the rising tensions and harsh words between the two nations.
Demonstrators also banged oil drums painted to resemble atomic waste containers, waved banners with slogans like "Make Peace, Not War" and posed in front of a model of a nuclear missile wearing masks of US President Donald Trump and North Korean leader, Kim Jong Un.
International organisations taking part in Saturday's protest in Germany's capital included Greenpeace and International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War.
Demonstrator Alex Rosen said that with the US and Russia possessing thousands of nuclear weapons, "the current crisis on the Korean peninsula only raises the threat of war."
(i) to check the terms of their licence agreements for use of content outside news programming and that further advice and assistance can be obtained from the AP Archive on: Tel +44 (0) 20 7482 7482 Email: email@example.com
(ii) they should check with the applicable collecting society in their Territory regarding the clearance of any sound recording or performance included within the AP Television News service
(iii) they have editorial responsibility for the use of all and any content included within the AP Television News service and for libel, privacy, compliance and third party rights applicable to their Territory.