12. SOUNDBITE (Lithuanian) Alfredas Zarnaukas, oldest racing participant (72 year old):
"I have been with horses for a very long time, I used to come here for competitions since 1962, many times I was a winner. I was riding for Lithuania abroad and now I am the oldest rider, I am 72 already."
13. Mid of Alfredas Zarnaukas, riding his horse
14. Mid of spectators
15. Wide of races
16. Mid of girls holding awards for the participants
17. Wide of crowd
18. Wide of finish line and winner
19. Mid of Vida Vilkiniene, wife of a winner celebrating
20. SOUNDBITE (Lithuanian) Vida Vilkiniene, Wife of a winner:
"I don't know how to say it better, I am a very strong fan, i always support this competition."
"I was very worried, feel very tired. Today i had five starts and won three of them, once i came third. Tired from worrying so much, from responsibility. Main start wasn't good for me, on the corner i was the last.(but won in the end)"
22. Wide of women marching, small fireworks
24. Mid of youngest participant Albinas Drota presented turkey
25. Cutaway of photographers
26. SOUNDBITE (Lithuanian) Albinas Drota, youngest participant (14 year old) of the race:
"I was confused, thought it my performance would be worse, didn't know exactly what to do, i am only riding for the forth time, didn't even expect such finish."
27. Wide shot of race
Thousands of equestrian sports enthusiasts descended on the banks of Lake Sartai in northeastern Lithuania to watch horse races on ice.
On the first weekend in February ( 02 - 05 February 2006) people from across the country gathered to enjoy Lithuania's favourite sport, watch dancers and listen to traditional music.