US Network Pool via ABC News Videosource - Strictly no Archive Resale / Authorized re-use by AP’s broadcast and digital output internationally only but strictly no access US
Bedminster, New Jersey - 11 August 2017
1. SOUNDBITE (English) Donald Trump, US President:
"By the way, I'm not going to rule out a military option. We have many options for Venezuela. This is our neighbor, this is - you know, we're all over the world and we have troops all over the world in places that are very, very far away. Venezuela is not very far away. And the people are suffering and they're dying. We have many options for Venezuela, including a possible military option, if necessary."
2. Wide of Trump standing next to US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and US Ambassador to the United NationsNikki Haley
3. SOUNDBITE (English) Donald Trump, US President, responding to a reporter question about potential military intervention being a U.S.-led operation:
"We don't talk about it, but a military operation and a military option is certainly something that we could pursue."
4. Wide of Trump, Tillerson and Haley
5. SOUNDBITE (English) Donald Trump, US President, talking about residents of Guam in regards to North Korea threat:
"I feel that they will be very safe. Believe me, they will be very safe. And if anything happens to Guam, there's going to be big, big trouble in North Korea."
Reporter (off-screen): "Have you ordered any change in our military readiness?"
President Donald Trump: "I don't want to say. That I just don't - I don't talk about that, you know that. I'm not one that says 'we're attacking Mosul in four months.' Okay. We do it or we don't do it."
6. Wide of Trump, Tillerson and Haley
7. SOUNDBITE (English) Donald Trump, US President, talking about additional sanctions on North Korea:
"We are considering additional sanctions at a very, very high level and probably, you could say, as strong as they get."
8. SOUNDBITE (English) Rex Tillerson, US Secretary of State, speaking about North Korea:
"The president's made it clear - he prefers a diplomatic solution. I think he responded to that in effect just a moment ago and so what the president's doing is trying to support our efforts by ensuring North Korea understands what the stakes are."
9. SOUNDBITE (English) Donald Trump, US President, speaking about Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell:
"He should've known that he had a couple of votes that turned on him and that should have been very easy to handle, whether it's through the fact that you take away a committee chairmanship or do whatever you have to do. But what happened, in my opinion, last week is unacceptable. People have been talking about repeal and replace for seven years - long before I ever decided to be doing what I'm doing."
10. SOUNDBITE (English) Donald Trump, US President:
"Things will happen with respect to health care and I think things will happen maybe outside of necessarily needing Congress because there are things that I can do as president that will have a huge impact on health care. So you watch. You stay tuned."
US President Donald Trump says he's considering possible military action against Venezuela in response to President Nicolas Maduro's power grab.
Trump told reporters at his New Jersey golf course on Friday that he's "not going to rule out" a military option."
He adds that it's "certainly something that we could pursue."
Trump has been blasting Maduro's moves to consolidate power, describing him as a "dictator."
The Trump administration has issued a series of sanctions against Maduro and more than two dozen current and former Venezuelan officials.
But a military intervention would be an extraordinary escalation in response.
Asked whether he could ensure Guam's safety after North Korean threats this week, Trump said "if anything happens to Guam, there's going to be big, big trouble in North Korea."
On the failure of the Republican-controlled Senate to pass the repeal of President Obama's Affordable Care Act, Trump signalled his disappointment at Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, saying getting the votes "should have been very easy to handle."