1. Various Frank Camilo Morejon, catcher for Cuba's national baseball team batting
2. Various of pitchers during training
3. SOUNDBITE (Spanish) Frank Camilo Morejon, Cuban National Team catcher:
"Everybody dreams about getting there (US Major Leagues), and I think one day Cubans will have that right, and Cubans who are there have shown that, they have done well. Those who remain here can play at that level at any given moment if they had then chance. If they go ahead with the plan to let Cubans play there (MLB), then it would be a good thing."
4. Various of Livan Moinel, Cuban National Team pitcher running
5. SOUNDBITE (Spanish) Livan Moinelo, Cuban National Team pitcher:
"I think the team is preparing well for this game, especially since the quality of players here in Cuba is down, but I think we can give a good showing, especially for the Cuban people and the world."
6. Various of team manager Victor Mesa at training
7. SOUNDBITE (Spanish) Victor Mesa, Cuban National Team manager:
"I'm happy, I think everyone who is in baseball, who loves baseball, is happy with the new measures (improved relations between US and Cuba), now that they are a reality, we hope for baseball, with the Major Leagues coming here, things will get interesting."
Cuba's national baseball team was training on Thursday, getting ready for a game next week against an American team and in front of a crowd of 55,000 in Havana, and millions of television viewers in the US and around the world.
Top pitcher, left-hander Livan Moinel, was practising with fellow teammates at a remote training facility about an hour southwest of the Cuban capital.
Moinel was joined by catcher Frank Moreno, a top defensive player in Cuba's national league, well-known to Cuban fans throughout the island.
The 41 pre-selection players jockeying for a position on the final 24-member roster that will take on the Tampa Bay Rays next Tuesday.