Just in time for Valentine's Day, New York City unveiled a new condom campaign to promote safer sex. The "Be sexy. Be safe" campaign includes new wrapper designs, subway and social media ads and an app to locate free condoms around the city. (Feb. 13)
1. NYC condom poster displaying the two new condom designs
2. Hand holding a blue NYC condom
3. Hand holding several blue NYC condoms
4. SOUNDBITE (English) Dr. Mary Bassett, NYC Health Commissioner:
"Today, we are unveiling two new condoms. The New NYC condom wrapper design. And, also, the new branded NYC KYNG size condom. And we are also launching our social media campaign 'Be Sexy. Be Safe.'"
5. Two boxes of both types of new condoms
6. New blue NYC condom wrappers in box
7. Side of condom box
8. SOUNDBITE (English) Dr. Mary Bassett, NYC Health Commissioner:
"Last year, New York City distributed 37-million free male condoms at over 35-hundred locations around the city. That's over 100-thousand free male condoms per day. One condom each for every single fan at Yankee Stadium and Citi Field. Each day."
9. Health commissioner speaking at podium
10. SOUNDBITE (English) Dr. Mary Bassett, NYC Health Commissioner:
"So, we have successfully wrapped this city in high quality latex. You can find NYC condoms at bars, clubs, restaurants, nails salons, barber shops, hospitals, clinics, and in community based organizations. And if you don't know where to find them, or you have left home without one you can download our NYC condom app and find one of the easy access locations where you can get one of our condoms distributed for free. "
Safe sex , Social media , Marketing campaigns , Online media , Mass transit systems , Media , Sexual health , Sexual and reproductive health , Health , Marketing and advertising , Corporate news , Business , Transportation , General news
New York City , New York , United States , North America