UK ends combat operations in Afghan province
Dateline: Camp Bastion - 26 Oct 2014
Date: 10/26/2014 10:12 AM
Helmand Province - 26 October 2014
1. Various of British troops saluting as British national anthem is playing
2. British and American flags being hauled down
3. British troops saluting
4. Soldiers taking flags down
5. Soldiers taking flags down and folding them
6. Soldiers folding flag
7. Afghan troops at ceremony
8. Afghan flag waving
9. British officers being handed British flag
10. British officers at ceremony
11. Various of British and Afghan soldiers at ceremony
A ceremony marked the end of Britain's combat operations in the Helmand province in Afghanistan on Sunday.
British troops witnessed the lowering of the Union Jack for the last time at the Camp Bastion complex in Helmand.
Camp Bastion has been the centre of British operations in Afghanistan since 2006.
The handover of the base to Afghan control ends an important chapter in the 13-year Afghan campaign.
Britain suffered 453 fatalities during the campaign.