Angry crowds following Alexandria church attack
Dateline: Alexandria - 9 April 2017
Date: 04/09/2017 02:40 PM
Alexandria - 9 April 2017
++QUALITY AS INCOMING++
1. Angry Christians chanting outside Saint Mark's Church in Alexandria
2. Ambulance driving between crowds outside the church
3. Angry crowds chanting: (Arabic) "no to terrorism"
4. Tilt down from damaged shops next to Saint Mark's Church to angry crowds
5. Damaged shop front
6. Wide of angry Christians chanting
Angry Christians gathered outside the scene of Sunday's second church bombing in Egypt.
Egypt's Interior Ministry said the blast at Saint Mark's Church in Alexandria was caused by a suicide bomber who tried to storm the entrance before being stopped by police.
The ministry said three policemen were among those killed in Sunday's attack, without providing an overall toll. The Health Ministry said 11 people were killed and another 35 were wounded.
It was the second of two attacks on Coptic churches that were packed with worshippers celebrating Palm Sunday. The first, in the Nile Delta town of Tanta, killed 26 people and wounded around 70.
The Islamic State group claimed responsibility for both attacks.