11. SOUNDBITE (English) Magnus Roemer, German student:
"No we are not defending right now the government or the actual actions of the government in Gaza. What we are defending is the right of the existence of Israel and the problematic situation, that we cannot say it's the bogeyman, there is not a one side, so to say, responsibility of the Israeli side."
12. Hundreds of pro-Palestinian protesters marching through central Brussels
13. Close of protester leading chant, UPSOUND (French): "Israel assassinates Palestinian children"
14. Wide of crowd chanting in response, UPSOUND (French): "Israel assassinates Palestinian children"
15. Children on pro-Palestinian march carrying giant Palestinian flag chanting "We are all Palestinians"
16. Tilt underneath giant Palestinian flag
17. Protesters marching
18. Wide of protesters marching with giant Palestinian flag
19. SOUNDBITE (English) Khatib Mohammed, 23, Palestinian refugee living in Brussels:
"The population here, they have more understanding of what is happening now in the Middle East. It's not war between Hamas and Palestinians and Israel. It's genocide. What's happening in Gaza is genocide war. They are killing the native people, the civilian people. Millions of families are under attack now."
20. Pull out of protesters carrying giant Palestinian flag
Rival protesters took to the streets in capitals across Europe on Friday in support of both sides of the war in Gaza.
In Berlin, around 1200 protesters marched through the Kurfurstendamm shopping district in support of the Palestinians in Gaza, including members of the German Jewish community who were protesting against Israeli policy.
Two minor protests were also organised alongside the pro-Palestinian one, voicing support for Israel.
In Brussels, over a thousand pro-Palestinians took to the streets to protest Israeli attacks on Gaza.
The protests were held on Al-Quds Day, the final Friday of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.
Quds is also the Arabic name for Jerusalem.
The 2014 Gazan war, the worst round of cross-border fighting in more than five years, has killed 828 Palestinians and wounded more than 5,200, according to Palestinian health officials.
The UN says civilians make up three-quarters of the dead and a majority of the wounded.
Two Israeli civilians and 35 Israeli soldiers have been killed since the war began on 8 July.