1. Chris Ivy of Heritage Auction unwrapping Ali gloves
2. CS on logo on gloves
3. SOUNDBITE (ENGLISH) SUPER: CHRIS IVY, HERITAGE AUCTIONS " 50 years ago Muhammad Ali known as Cassius Clay at the time defeated Sonny Liston, it's February 25 , 1964 in Miami."
4.SOUNDBITE (ENGLISH) SUPER: CHRIS IVY, HERITAGE AUCTIONS "so it was just the beginning of ali being introduced into American culture. So the significance of the time may not have been great, but today looking back on it, looking at the significance of Muhammad Ali's life and career, the significance of these gloves cannot be overstated "
5.SOUNDBITE (ENGLISH) SUPER: CHRIS IVY, HERITAGE AUCTIONS "there's no doubt these were the tools of the trade. these were the gloves that were on muhammad ali's hands when he defeated- he was a heavy underdog, going into the bout against Sonny Liston. "
6. SOUNDBITE (ENGLISH) SUPER: CHRIS IVY, HERITAGE AUCTIONS "boxing was the most popular sport along with horse racing in the first half of the 20th century. we're looking at 1964 here. the eyes of the nation were on this bout."
7. SOUNDBITE (ENGLISH) SUPER: CHRIS IVY, HERITAGE AUCTIONS " these came from the trainer, Angelo Dundee. he actually provided a signed letter of provenance and had pictures of him holding them back in 2010. they've also got writing on the interior of the gloves that was originally put there after the fight. so you can see Clay February 25th, KO Liston. and angelo dundee signed below that."
8. Ultra CS on tape marks still on the gloves
9. MS of the gloves
10. CS side view of the gloves
11.SOUNDBITE (ENGLISH) SUPER: CHRIS IVY, HERITAGE AUCTIONS "so we're expecting to see them go for half a million. two years ago some of Ali's gloves, in a charity auction, the gloves he used to fight patterson actually sold for $1.1 million in Las Vegas, so the precedent has been set for these type of artifacts to do quite well at auction."
12. Ultra CS, Ivy showing off signature in gloves
13. MS of gloves
14. Ivy putting glove down and showing off the opposite glove