5. SOUNDBITE (English) Terry Lundgren, Macy's CEO:
"We had 16,000 people at 5 p.m. last night (24 November). We opened the doors, I was here watching the traffic go in, I stood at the front door for 25 minutes and the traffic never eased. So it was very encouraging, and here we are mid-morning on Friday, still lots of traffic."
6. Mid of cash registers
7. Close up of change
8. SOUNDBITE (English) Terry Lundgren, Macys CEO:
"There is more fun and whimsy items being sold in electronics categories. But I really believe the apparel is going to be the big winner this year for us, which has not been the case the last couple of years. That's the big difference."
9. Mid of customers riding up escalator.
10. Close up of crowd, woman looking at purse
11. SOUNDBITE (English) Shannon Kern, shopper:
"We bought some clothing for each of us, some perfume, just fun stuff."
12. Close up of discount sign
13. Close up of crowd
14. SOUNDBITE (English) Shannon Kern, shopper
"I am going to do more online shopping. This is a treat just for the girls. I am done already being in the stores."