1. SOUNDBITE (English) Hillary Clinton, US Presidential Candidate:
"I used a personal email account. It was allowed by the (US) State Department. But, I should have used two different accounts. I made a mistake and I'm sorry for all the confusion that has ensued and I take responsibility for that."
2. Comedian and actress Amy Schumer skates on stage UPSOUND (English) "What about you, Hill? You want to go skating? What about you?" Clinton sits with DeGeneres UPSOUND (English) "Yeah, I'd love to. Do you have an extra pair?" Schumer while skating UPSOUND (English) "Yeah. Okay, Hill, I'll be back for you later. Bye guys."
3. DeGeneres sitting with Clinton UPSOUND (English) "They are saying that if you are elected you would be one of the oldest (US) President's elected. Does that matter? Don't we want experience more than anything? Isn't that important?"
4. SOUNDBITE (English) Hillary Clinton, US Presidential candidate:
"Well I think it's very important. But, the way I look at it is that I'd be the youngest woman ever elected President of the United States."
5. SOUNDBITE (English) Hillary Clinton, US Presidential candidate:
"To me anyway, they were out of touch and out of date and a lot of things they said were, I thought, unecessary and they way they talked abou tpeople. So I'm hoping that everyone election is diffrent and people they say things and they make charges, I get all of that. I'm hoping that it will sort of settle down to become a more serious discussion about what they are going to do for the country and not just throw out ideas and never put and real backing behind them."
Hillary Clinton paid a visit Tuesday to "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," where she received DeGeneres' blessing.
Clinton's appearance, which will air on the syndicated talk show Thursday, was taped on an open-air stage built for DeGeneres at Manhattan's Rockefeller Center, where hundreds of fans were gathered in the crystal-clear but muggy afternoon.
Once Clinton and her host were settled in their chairs, DeGeneres wasted no time asking about the controversial arising from Clinton using a personal email account on a private server while secretary of state.
While maintaining that she didn't violate any State Department regulations, "I made a mistake," she declared, "and I'm sorry for all the confusion that has ensued."
DeGeneres noted that, were Clinton elected to the White House, she would be among the oldest presidents to take office.
Clinton had a swift comeback: "The way I look at it, I would be the youngest woman elected president."
Presidential elections , 2016 United States Presidential Election , United States Presidential Election , Email , Government and politics , National elections , Elections , Events , Internet technology , Computing and information technology , Technology , Email , Communication technology
Hillary Clinton , Ellen DeGeneres , Amy Schumer
U.S. Department of State, United States government