1. Protester climbing scaffolding outside city hall
2. Protesters waving Spanish flags
3. Protester fixing Spanish flag to scaffolding
4. Protesters with flag and banner (Spanish) reading: "Yes to Spain" on scaffolding
5. Pan from protesters on scaffolding to protest
6. Various of police escorting protesters with banners from scaffolding
7. Various of protesters shouting in direction of police officers
8. SOUNDBITE (Spanish) no name given, protester:
"Nothing is going to happen tomorrow. There will only be a mobilisation of independent separatist Catalans. Catalans have been tricked into saying that Spain is stealing from them, while Spain cannot steal anything from Catalonia, because Catalonia is Spain."
9. Various of protest outside city hall
10. SOUNDBITE (Spanish) Julia and Luis (no second names given), protesters:
Julia: "Catalonia is Spain."
Luis: "It's very bad, because Catalonia is part of Spain since five hundred years ago. Catalonia founded Spain and we love Catalans a lot."
11. Protesters waving Spanish flags
12. Woman shouting, UPSOUND (Spanish): "(Long) live (Spain)"
13. Sign with heart reading (Spanish): "We love Catalonia"
14. SOUNDBITE (Spanish) no names given, protesters:
"I've got Catalonia in my heart. Catania should stay with Spain."
Protesters gathered in Madrid on Saturday to demonstrate against Catalonian independence - a day before a referendum is due to take place.
The referendum has been endorsed by the Catalan separatists and they vow to go ahead with the ballot, but the Spanish government considers the referendum illegal and the country's Constitutional Court has suspended it.