"It''s a very common question why we need to make snow when Whistler Blackcomb is renowned for getting over 30 feet (9.1 metres) of snow a year and basically it comes down to the density. We really need to provide a solid snow structure for the racers. And like I said, among the bigger things is if the snow is too soft then the racer that goes first will get a great course, the guy last will get a rutted out course, so this way we can say that it''s the same course throughout the whole day."
13. Wide of Whistler town street
14. Close up of beer on table, tilt up to man drinking beer
15. Mid of two men on balcony
16. People walking down street
17. SOUNDBITE (English) Luka Kermelg, Member of Slovenian Olympic Delegation, vox pop:
"The atmosphere is not as it should be because it''s, we are few days till the opening so I think it will get, getting a little bit more crowded and more partying."
18. Close of Vancouver 2010 banner
19. SOUNDBITE (English) Marie Josee Parisien, Spectator from Ottawa, vox pop:
"It''s just, like, really fun. Everybody''s just so nice and you''re meeting, like, everybody. Just people coming up to you and saying ''hey where are you from?'' Like, ''What''s up?'' It''s awesome."