2. Ma Xiaowei, China's Health Commission Minister, speaking
3. SOUNDBITE (Mandarin) Ma Xiaowei, China's Health Commission Minister:
"The ability of the virus to spread seems to be getting stronger. We need more clinical data to analyse its toxicity and virulence. The quickening spread of the epidemic has brought extra challenges and pressure to the work of prevention and control. Experts have assessed that the epidemic has entered a grave and complicated stage."
4. Wide of news conference
5. SOUNDBITE (Mandarin) Ma Xiaowei, China's Health Commission Minister:
"Our knowledge of the new type of coronavirus is very limited. The source of infection has not been found. We are still not clear about the mechanism of it spreading and the risk of mutation. In other words, as a new type of contagious disease, it will bring new changes in the situation in the future."
6. Mid of news conference
7. SOUNDBITE (Mandarin) Ma Xiaowei, China's Health Commission Minister:
"The growth of the epidemic is accelerating. I'm afraid it will last for a period of time. It is possible for us to see a continuous increase in the number of cases in the near future."
8. Gao Fu, Director of the Chinese Centre for Disease Control and Prevention, standing and speaking
9. SOUNDBITE (Mandarin) Gao Fu, Director of the Chinese Centre for Disease Control and Prevention:
"From the day it was discovered until now, we have not discovered any obvious change in this virus, whether it is isolated from the environment or from human beings before or human beings today."