FILE: Team Ineos to change name to Ineos Grenadiers before Tour resumes
Dateline: Recent - File
Date: 07/22/2020 02:55 PM
File. Various locations.
1. 00:00 Wide of Team Sky coach
2. 00:03 Close up Team Sky logo on coach
3. 00:07 Pan up from Team Sky car to bikes
4. 00:11 Team Sky bikes
5. 00:15 Team Sky riders on the road
Doncaster, England, UK. 1st May 2019
6. 00:21 Team Ineos car and bus
7. 00:26 Chris Froome cycling in Team Ineos colours
8. 00:32 Various Froome with Ineos chairman Sir Jim Ratcliffe (left) and Team Ineos team principal Sir Dave Brailsford (right)
9. 00:45 Team Ineos bus
Zipaquira, Colombia. 7th August 2019
10. 00:49 Various of Tour de France Champion Egan Bernal in his hometown in Colombia
The cycling team known as Sky when winning six Tour de France titles from 2012-18 got its second name change in 15 months on Wednesday.
Sky became Team Ineos before Egan Bernal's victory in the 2019 race. Bernal followed Bradley Wiggins, Chris Froome and Geraint Thomas as winners for the Britain-based team.
The team said in a statement it will be known as Ineos Grenadiers when the delayed Tour opens Aug. 29.
The name promotes a brand of SUV designed by its billionaire owner Jim Ratcliffe which the team said will launch in 2021.
Cycling news sites in Italy reported the team's colors will change from mostly black to blue.