5. SOT Jodie Foster: " The screenplay and the director, those are the two things that brought me into it. Although she is a great character she has completely lost her confidence. She is at the lowest part of her life and in some ways the drama of the film makes her reassure her confidence."
6. Film clip 'The Panic Room'
7. SOT Jodie Foster: " I think it is the most physical movie I have made definitely, and being pregnant it is quite a challenge to make such a physical film under those conditions but I was into it."
8. Film clip 'The Panic Room'
9. SOT Jodie Foster: " I didn't think it was that long a break, people keep saying that. But I don't make as many films as a lot of people do because I like to have a life. And also I like to feel really passionate about the films that I make and I want to out my best foot forward, and I feel like I can't do that more than once every two years."
FOSTER ATTENDS AUSTRALIAN PREMIERE OF 'PANIC ROOM'
JODIE FOSTER was in Australia yesterday for the Australian premiere of her latest thriller 'PANIC ROOM'.
'PANIC ROOM', is set in a New York brownstone and is a cat and mouse thriller from director Davis Fincher, who brought you other stylish dark dramas including 'Fight Club and 'Se7en.'
The drama sets intruders Forrest Whitaker, Jared Leto and Dwight Yoakam in pursuit of the recently divorced Meg Altman, played by Jodie Foster and her daughter, Sarah, played by Kristen Stewart.
Trapped in their hidden security vault, or "panic room", Meg tries to outsmart the burglars -but is up against the clock because her daughter is ill.
Surrounded by an impenetrable door of thick steel and four concrete walls, this hi-tech structure is all that separates Jodie Foster from the bad guys.
Famously, Foster replaced Nicole Kidman on the film after the Aussie actress' recurring knee injury forced her to leave the project. Production was shut down until someone else was found to fill her shoes.
Foster will next be seen in DANGEROUS LIVES OF ALTAR BOYS which she also produced.