Entertainment US Jackson 2
Jackson arrives at court, passes through metal detector, file of ranch
Story No.: 443578
Dateline: Various - 3 March 2005/File
Date: 03/04/2005 01:50 AM
Santa Maria, California - 3 March 2005
1. Michael Jackson''s black Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV) arrives, AUDIO: (Fans chanting off camera) "Innocent"
2. Jackson''s entourage waits outside SUV for Jackson and family, AUDIO: (Fans chanting off camera) "Michael"
3. Michael Jackson and his mother Katherine emerge from the SUV, Jackson waves to fans and enters courthouse, AUDIO: (Fans chanting off camera) "Michael", "We love you Michael", "Michael''s innocent"
4. Michael Jackson walks through metal detector, guard searches Jackson, Jackson walks into court room
5. Jackson''s mother Katherine Jackson walks through metal detector, guard searches her bag, she walks into courtroom
6. District Attorney Thomas Sneddon walks through metal detectors and into courtroom
7. Jackson''s attorney Thomas Mesereau Jr. walks through metal detectors and into courtroom
FILE: Los Olivos, California, 17 December 2004
8. Wide shot of gate to Jackson''s Neverland Ranch
9. Jackson''s crest at top of gate
10. Various of amusement park
Michael Jackson arrived at the Santa Maria courthouse on Thursday, for the fourth day of the pop star''s child molestation trial.
The sister of Jackson''s accuser took the stand on Thursday. Now 18 and a first-year university student, she was called to testify about events two years ago when, prosecutors say, one of her two brothers was molested at Jackson''s Neverland ranch and the family was held captive.
The prosecution laid groundwork for the sister''s testimony by calling a Santa Barbara County Sheriff''s Department photographer who videotaped a raid on Neverland on 18 November 2003.
The prosecution alleges that Jackson conspired to hold the family to force them to help with a rebuttal to the airing of a documentary on 6 February 2003, in which Jackson said he allowed young boys to sleep in his bed.
Prosecutors allege that the accuser, who appeared in the programme, was molested after the show aired.
The videotape gave jurors their first look at the singer''s master bedroom suite where he allegedly molested the then-13-year-old boy, a cancer patient befriended by Jackson.
The tape included shots of his cluttered bedroom, but none of the sexually explicit magazines that the prosecution has said were found in the suite.
The video, shot by Sheriff''s Department photographer Albert Lafferty, showed a sparkling bedspread, pictures of Marilyn Monroe and Shirley Temple, several televisions and stacks of videos.
The defence has claimed that the accuser and his brother were sometimes out of control during visits to Neverland and got into private areas and onto the estate''s rides by memorising security codes.
|Subjects:||Social issues , Children , Child abuse , Crimes against children , Crime , Violent crime , Child welfare , Social Affairs , Crimes against children , Legal , Human welfare , General News , Child abuse , Child abuse , Abuse|
|People:||Michael Jackson , Shirley Temple , Marilyn Monroe|