Lawyer tells judge Harvey Weinstein is a 'pimp in a tuxedo'
Dateline: Various, see script - Various, see script
Date: 05/02/2018 10:52 PM
FILE: Toronto, Canada, 9 Sept. 2017
1. Miramax Films co-founder and film producer Harvey Weinstein walking into theater, shaking hands with actor Nicholas Hoult
FILE: New York, 28 April 2017
2. Various of Miramax Films co-founder and film producer Harvey Weinstein arriving at the 25th anniversary screening of 'Reservoir Dogs'
FILE: New York, 13 Sept. 2017
3. Various of Harvey Weinstein seated at a Marchesa fashion show at New York Fashion Week
FILE: New York, 3 Dec. 2012
4. Various of Harvey Weinstein and Georgina Chapman on a red carpet
FILE: New York, 10 Feb. 2016
5. Medium of Harvey Weinstein posing for photos with TV personality Sandra Lee at an amfAR gala
LAWYER TELLS JUDGE HARVEY WEINSTEIN IS A 'PIMP IN A TUXEDO'
A lawyer for an aspiring actress suing Harvey Weinstein says the film producer is a "pimp in a tuxedo."
Attorney Jeff Herman made the claim during arguments Wednesday (MAY 2) while asking a New York judge to let Kadian Noble's lawsuit proceed.
The suit alleges she was abused by Weinstein in Cannes, France, in 2014.
Herman has said Noble sued under a criminal sex trafficking statute because Weinstein is a U.S. citizen who coerced Noble under the guise of helping her career.
Weinstein's lawyer says the actress tried to advance her career through a sexual encounter and cannot claim she's a sex trafficking victim.
Federal Judge Robert Sweet said the lawsuit was a unique use of the sex trafficking law and will rule at a later date whether to toss out the claim.