1. Wide of City Hall at beginning of ceremony to commemorate the August 25, 1944 liberation of Paris
2. French President Francois Hollande arriving
3. Hollande greeting French soldiers
4. Wide of ceremony
5. SOUNDBITE (French) Francois Hollande, French President: ++OVERLAID WITH WIDE OF CEREMONY, ENDS ON MID OF HOLLANDE AT PODIUM++
"It is a country in ruins that found the strength within itself to stand up. France in 1944 was a country of French women and men from all origins, from all faiths, from the right and from the left, civilians and military, young and old, who came together in the name of the Republic. And to do what? To save the economy, to create new social rights, to give back to France the position it should have in the world."
6. Cutaway of ceremony
7. SOUNDBITE (French) Francois Hollande, French President:
"On the 19th (of August 1944), the French flag is raised at the top of Police headquarters, it is the beginning of the battle. Tens of thousands of Parisians will rise. They didn't have a lot of arms (weapons) but they had a lot of courage."
8. Mid of crowd holding umbrellas
9. Wide of City Hall in the dark, beginning of sound-and-light show
10. Various of sound-and-light show representing D-Day projected onto City Hall facade
11. Shadows of soldiers saluting projected in City Hall
12. Various of choir singing French resistance song ("Chant des Partisans") in front of City Hall.
13. Wide of City Hall facade covered in shadows of red, white and blue French flags