1. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge along with Sebastian Wood, the British Ambassador to Germany, enter the garden party held in honour of the Queen's birthday at the Ambassador's residence in Berlin
2. Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, greets the party in German
3. Cutaway of guests
4. SOUNDBITE (English) Prince William, Duke of Cambridge:
"The United Kingdom and Germany proudly share the same values, as open and democratic societies, and the same determination to champion those values and to defend them. Not least through our very close defence and security partnerships. Today, we share a fundamental interest in the peace and prosperity of the continent of Europe, to which we both belong."
5. Cutaway of guests
6. SOUNDBITE (English) Prince William, Duke of Cambridge:
"This relationship between the United Kingdom and Germany really matters. It is the product of many years of working closely together. It will continue despite Britain's recent decision to leave the European Union. I am confident that we shall remain the firmest of friends."
7. Cutaway of guests
8. SOUNDBITE (English) Prince William, Duke of Cambridge:
"I should like to finish with a message that my grandmother the Queen has sent to you all this evening, and that she asked me to read to you. "Prince Philip and I send our warmest good wishes to all of you gathered at this special garden party on the occasion of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's official visit to Germany. We have fond memories of our five state visits to Germany."
9. Band plays the British national anthem
10. Wide of the Duke and Duchess at the garden party
11. Sebastian Wood, the British Ambassador to Germany, and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge make a toast to Queen Elizabeth II UPSOUND (English) "To the queen!"
12. Zoom out to wide of guests as the Duke and Duchess listen to the German national anthem
UK PRINCE GIVES SPEECH AT AMBASSADOR'S HOME IN GERMANY
The Duke of Cambridge gave a speech in Berlin on Wednesday (19 JULY 2017) at a garden party marking the Queen's birthday.
Joined by his wife the Duchess of Cambridge as well as the British Ambassador to Germany, Sebastian Wood, Prince William spoke of his expectation for the UK and Germany to remain the "firmest of friends" despite the UK's decision to leave the European Union.
The Duke and Duchess arrived in Berlin on Wednesday for a three-day visit to Germany and were welcomed at the Presidential Palace by President Frank-Walter Steinmeier and wife Elke Buedenbender.
The couple's first stop was the Chancellery, where they had lunch with Chancellor Angela Merkel.
The Duke and Duchess arrived from Poland, their first stop on a two-country European trip which comes as Britain negotiates its exit from the European Union. During his speech, Prince William emphasised Britain and Germany's shared, European interests and democratic values.
Prince William and Kate are also scheduled to visit Heidelberg and Hamburg during their time in Germany.