2. SOUNDBITE (German) Melanie Huml, Bavarian Health Minister:
"And when you look at the current case, the patient is doing well. However, he is still isolated at the Schwabing Clinic in Munich, where he is under medical supervision. The contact person's investigation is running at full speed. Particularly in the family environment and in the company's surroundings, who have already been informed. Further measures will be to set up a hotline, where concerned citizens can also turn to in case of questions. This will be done today."
3. Cutaway of news conference
4. SOUNDBITE (German) Melanie Huml, Bavarian Health Minister:
"We are also discussing further measures with the federal government, for example whether it might be useful to measure fever at airports as well. But there is no final decision yet."
5. Cutaway of news conference
6. SOUNDBITE (German) Andreas Zapf, Head of Bavarian State Office for Health and Food Safety (LGL):
"It is about a 33-year-old man, employee of a company in the Starnberg district, who attended a meeting last Tuesday, January 21, here in the Starnberg district. The trainer, or at least someone who also attended the meeting, but more likely in a leadership role from what we have heard - was a Chinese woman. This company also has branches in China."
7. Cutaway of news conference
8. SOUNDBITE (German) Andreas Zapf, Head of Bavarian State Office for Health and Food Safety (LGL):
"The Chinese woman is not from Wuhan, she comes from Shanghai, but had a visit from her parents from the Wuhan region a few days before (she travelled to Germany)."
9. Cutaway of news conference
10. SOUNDBITE (German) Andreas Zapf, Head of Bavarian State Office for Health and Food Safety (LGL):
"According to the current state of knowledge 1030 (0930 GMT), we have not been able to find anyone who has any other symptoms. But it cannot be ruled out that someone of these contact persons is also ill. But now 1030 (0930 GMT) knowledge level we have not found any yet, but we are intensively working on it."
German authorities on Tuesday said the country's first patient of a deadly new virus likely contracted it from a Chinese national who recently travelled from the nation.
In a news conference in the Bavarian capital Munich, a health and food safety official said that the 33-year-old man from the nearby town of Starnberg was being isolated and medically monitoried for the coronavirus.
The patient had attended a work meeting in the Starnberg district on January 21 and a Chinese woman, working for the same company, was also there, according to Bavarian Health Minister Melanie Huml.
The woman, who hadn't previously shown any symptoms, then flew home on Thursday and went to a doctor after feeling ill on her flight.
Officials added that before the woman travelled to Germany, she had seen her parents, who come from Hubei province, the region where the new virus originated from.
Health Minister Huml said that the risk of the infection to the general population in Bavaria was "low."
She also said that the government was considering "whether it might be useful" to implement medical scanning equipment at airports amid the virus outbreak.
Germany is the second European country to report a confirmed case of the virus.
Authorities in France confirmed three cases in recent days - all Chinese citizens who recently returned from travels there.
The viral disease has killed at least 106 people in China.