1. various shots, Israeli Premier Menachem Begin through factory with army officers
2. cu officer and Begin
3. Begin and party through factory, pan to workers on tank
4. exterior, various shots, Begin speaks to press (mute) transcript: "question : what are your impressions about the immense amount of arms flowing into arab countries, not only from the soviet union but from the united states?
"answer : of course we have peace with egypt but we still have a northern frontier. israel must be strong. the strength to ensure peace and to ensure there will be no more war.
question : how do you evaluate the flow of american arms to egypt?
answer : i have already answered that question. the soviet union does not supply egypt with arms. we are at peace with egypt and believe it is a real peace. the question which interests us is the quality and quantity of the discussions with our american friends."
5. gv line of Markava tanks
6. gv ben Gurion airport control tower , pull back to ls
7. Herculese plane taxies
8. ls Egyptian delegation leaves plane and is greeted by Israelis
9. interview with egyptian charge d'affaires, Mohammed El-Hasandar SOUNDBITE: (English): "we represent the egyptian hand extended for peace: the just and lasting peace in the middle east, which has been extended before by president sadat during his famous visit to jerusalem,"
10. gv exterior Hilton Hotel
11. interior, El-Hasandar and egyptian diplomats welcomed in hotel
12. Hotel sign, pull back to gv press outside
Film: Rev - Sound: Mag - Colour - NYFilm: c0066775 - LN Number: LN18436 - Available in HD
Israeli Premier Menachem Begin visits a tank factory, in Tel Aviv, where he meets army officers, the factory and its workers. In spite of the Israeli-Egyptian peace agreement, and the setting up of diplomatic relations between the two countries, Israel continues to rearm in case of a possible war with Arab states