On November 11th 2014 crew members from a sunken South Korean ferry arrived in court on o hear the verdicts following one of the country's deadliest disasters in many decades.
The sinking of the 'Sewol' is believed to have killed 304 people, mostly teenage students travelling to a resort island for a school trip in April 2014.
295 bodies have been found.
The ferry's crew members are facing charges in Gwangju District Court of negligence and abandonment of passengers.
Prosecutors have demanded a death penalty for the ship's 68-year-old captain, Lee Joon-seok, and life sentences for three other key crew members.
They also requested that 11 other crew members be sentenced to up to 30 years in prison.
The 15 crew members on trial were among the first people to be rescued from the ship when it began listing en route from Incheon, west of Seoul, to the resort island of Jeju.
A South Korean court on November 11th handed a 36-year prison sentence to the captain of the sunken ferry 'Sewol', saying he was professionally negligent and abandoned his passengers during the disaster in April that killed more than 300 people.
The chief engineer received 30 years, and 13 other crew members were sentenced to up to 20 years in prison, Yonhap news agency and other South Korean media reported, citing the Gwangju District Court in southern South Korea.
Captain Lee Joon-seok and three other key crew members were earlier indicted by prosecutors on homicide and other charges.
Eleven others faced less serious charges.
Lee has apologised for abandoning the passengers, but said he didn't know his action would lead to so many deaths.
Prosecutors and the crew members have one week to appeal, according to the court.
The 15 crew members tasked with navigating the 'Sewol' have faced scathing public criticism because they escaped the sinking ship while many of their passengers were still trapped inside.
A total of 476 people were aboard the ship and only 172 were rescued.
Most of the dead were teenage students travelling to a resort island on a school trip.
Nearly seven months after the sinking, 295 bodies have been recovered but nine are still missing.
South Korean officials said earlier on Tuesday that they have ended searches for the missing because there was only a remote chance of finding more bodies while worries have grown over the safety of divers involved in the recovery operation.