1. Italian Foreign Affairs Minister, Paolo Gentiloni, French Foreign Minister, Marc Ayrault and German Foreign Minister, Frank-Walter Steinmeier, entering room for news conference
2. SOUNDBITE (French) Marc Ayrault, French Foreign Minister:
"For the moment our priority is not to enter into a cycle of sanctions for the sake of sanctions. Our priority and our determination is to plead for the stop of the bombings in Aleppo and to allow, as soon as possible, for the access of humanitarian aid and also to restart the political process. You are saying Americans and Russians are talking again after weeks of interruption, I say that this is good. Every chance has to be explored. It is true that there has been an agreement on the ninth of September, but this agreement has never been enforced."
3. Cutaway of news conference
4. SOUNDBITE (French) Marc Ayrault, French Foreign Affairs Minister:
"Over the last few hours, the bombings have restarted. If it is not fighter-jets, it is artillery tanks, positioned around Aleppo and the massacre is continuing. So the appeal I want to launch is let's stop this massacre, let's save the population of Aleppo, it is never too late to make peace."
5. Cutaway of news conference
6. SOUNDBITE (German) Frank-Walter Steinmeier, German Foreign Minister:
(Talking about EU military cooperation) "In the European Union we find opportunities, especially in the civil and military cooperation, which do not exist in a pure military alliance such as the NATO, that allow us to stabilise those countries from where the majority of migrants and refugees are coming to Europe nowadays."