4. SOUNDBITE (Arabic) Imad Al Eter, retired army officer:
"We are here to defend the rights of retired soldiers and those currently serving. They turned a blind eye to all sources of corruption and started with us, the most impoverished people who sacrificed with our blood and lives. Half of the people who are here are disabled with war injuries. They want to do away with our medical benefits and our salaries. They are the kings of corruption and no one touches them, just us, the poorest people. We offered our blood, and our salaries are limited."
5. Lebanese flag flying on top of Beirut municipality building
6. Pan of protest
7. Close of placard reading (Arabic): "the betrayal of blood is the biggest betrayal"
8. SOUNDBITE (English) Ali Omar, retired army general:
"They are badly managing our budget, our money, that is why we have this recession in our economy, not because we are getting big money, us I mean the military, it's not because of us."
9. Various of protest
10. Security forces' armoured vehicle on the empty street around Lebanese parliament
11. Various of security forces
12. Protester standing in front of police cordon holding placard reading (Arabic): "We sacrificed our blood for the country and our rights are a red line."