1. Balan Nair Thamodaran, Lawyer representing the families of six flight MH17 crew talking with reporters
2. Local press
3. SOUNDBITE (English) Balan Nair Thamodaran, Lawyer representing the families of six flight MH17 crew:
"We have been instructed by the family members of the cabin crew of MH17, to file a lawsuit against MAS (Malaysia Airlines System) as well as MAB (Malaysia Airlines Berhad). We will be filling it shortly, we just arrived in court. That filing will take place shortly."
4. Lawyer walking to court office to file lawsuit
5. Reporters taking notes
6. Lawyer discussing with reportes
7. Local photographer
8. Camera viewfinder
9. Lawyer with reporters
10. SOUNDBITE (English) Balan Nair Thamodaran, Lawyer representing the families of six flight MH17 crew:
"We say that had they been more careful in choosing what path they want to take (Ukraine), they could have avoided this and that's the position that we're taking now. So the negligence is basically is not, I would say not, taking seriously the warnings that were given by the parties as to the possible trouble that they may face (above Ukraine). So that's what we were saying."
11. Exterior courthouse
12. Close of courthouse with sign reading (Malay) 'Kuala Lumpur Court Complex'
The families of six crew members on a Malaysian passenger jet shot down over Ukraine nearly two years ago filed lawsuits against Malaysia Airlines on Thursday for negligence and breach of contract.
Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 was flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur when it was hit by a surface-to-air missile on 17 July 2014, at the height of fighting in the Ukraine conflict.
Balan Nair Thamodaran, one of the lawyers working for the Thomas Philip law firm which is representing the families of the six flight MH17 crew, said he had been instructed by to take out a lawsuit against Malaysian Airlines Berhad (MAB), which Malaysian Airlines System (MAS) changed its name to after the crash.
The crew members are Nur Shazana Mohamed Salleh, Hamdazlin Sham Mohamed Arifin, Sanjid Singh, Mohd Ghafar Abu Bakar, Lee Hui Pin and Chong Yee Pheng.