Malaysians rush to buy food ahead of virus restrictions
Dateline: 17 March 2020 - Kuala Lumpur
Date: 03/17/2020 06:42 AM
Kuala Lumpur - 17 March 2020
1. Empty bread shelves at supermarket
2. Empty rice shelves
3. Empty egg shelves
4. Sign reading (Malay) "Promotion rice"
5. Empty eggs shelves
6. People wearing masks at payment counter
7. Various of queue at payment counter
8. Worker spraying hand sanitiser
Malaysians converged on supermarkets to stock up on supplies on Tuesday, ahead of a travel restriction order announced by Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin.
Shoppers cleared the shelves in some supermarkets, leaving the stores without bread, rice or eggs.
The move came after a rise in confirmed coronavirus cases in Malaysia.