SKY NEWS - NO ACCESS UK MAINSTREAM BROADCASTERS/AL JAZEERA/BLOOMBERG. IF YOU ARE A FOREIGN NEWS CHANNEL DISTRIBUTED IN THE UK AND IRELAND ON SKY'S DIGITAL SATELLITE PLATFORM AND WANT TO USE THIS CONTENT, PLEASE CONTACT THE CUSTOMER LIAISON DESK AT: CUSTOMERCONTENTDESK@AP.ORG
Volendam - 27 June 2016
1. Various of band playing and people drinking
2. SOUNDBITE (English) Name not available, local musician:
"I think people are shocked by England now. So, they know now more than ever that we should be one united nation."
(Reporter's question: Does it make you angry, does it make you annoyed that Britain chose to vote this way?)
Man: "It doesn't make me angry but it makes me more sad."
3. SOUNDBITE (English) Name not available, local musician
"It's a big country, we are very small, it's not good."
4. SOUNDBITE (English) Name not available, local resident:
"I don't care very much about referenda. I believe the government should make the right decisions."
5. Various of band and people listening
6. SOUNDBITE (English) Name not available, local resident:
"Its about time that everybody has their say about all of the Europe things."
7. SOUNDBITE (English) Name not available, local resident:
"So let them choose. If it's either a Nexit or no Nexit, OK then we know it and then we have to deal with it."
"The Europhiles were beaten by the British people and I hope that they are not seeking revenge. I think that will not happen because they will hurt themselves, maybe even more than they will hurt Britain. It is a big economy, the third trading partner with countries like Germany and France. If you punish them, you punish yourself."
12. SOUNDBITE (English) Marit Maij, Dutch Labour Party:
"It's not good, obviously as we see already for stability in the UK. It's not good for the Netherlands, and it's not good for Europe. And we think a referendum like this also in the Netherlands would bring a lot of insecurity."