3. Protesters holding banner (English) 'Free all Political Prisoners'
4. Protesters at the monument
5. Banner (Filipino) 'Marcos Not a Hero' behind protesters
6. SOUNDBITE (English) Luis Jalandoni, Senior Adviser, National Democractic Front (NDF) Peace Negotiating Panel:
"The victims of martial law regime have the right to be supported and respected for their struggle against the tyranny and oppression of Ferdinand Marcos, the dictator."
7. Various shots of protest
8. Nuns bearing placards (English) 'Stop drug related extra-judicial killings'
9. Placard (English) 'Stop drug-related human rights violations'
10. Placard (English) 'Stop drug related extra judicial killings - rise up'
11. SOUNDBITE (English) Luis Jalandoni, Senior Adviser, National Democractic Front (NDF) Peace Negotiating Panel:
"There is already a criticism that this war against drugs is becoming anti-democratic and anti-people. The NDF declares that this low-level drug users, and even pushers, should be given care. They are sick, they should be given care and rehabilitation and their human rights and the due process should be respected."
13. Placard (English) 'Free all political prisoners'
14. SOUNDBITE (English) Luis Jalandoni, Senior Adviser, National Democractic Front (NDF) Peace Negotiating Panel:
"We are willing to have that bilateral ceasefire agreement that will be more stable, but Duterte (Rodrigo Duterte, President of the Phillipines) has to commit himself that he will release all political prisoners, 434, within two days, 48 hours."
15. Various protesters bearing torches marching near Malacanang Palace (President of the Phillipines residence)
16. Various protesters burning an effigy (protesters said the effigy represents the skeleton of late President Ferdinand Marcos)
17. Various the effigy ablaze
18. Protesters with different flags running around the burning effigy
Some three-thousand people gathered in Manila on Saturday night to urge the country's president to release "all political prisoners" and put an end to what they say were drug related extra-judicial killings.
The protest was held on Human Rights Day.
Bearing streamers and placards, the group gathered at the Bonifacio Monument and marched with torches towards the presidential residence.
Protesters also burnt an effigy of what they say represents the skeleton of late President Ferdinand Marcos.
Luis Jalandoni, a Senior Adviser of the National Democratic Front (NDF) Peace Panel, said the victims of the martial law regime, established under under Marcos, should never be forgotten.
He also pointed out violations to human rights on the methods of the Duterte administration in solving the drug problem in the country.