US Defense Secretary Mattis Visits DMZ
Dateline: Panmunjom - 27 October, 2017
Date: 10/27/2017 07:22 AM
Panmunjom â€“ 27 October 2017
1. US Defense Sec. Jim Mattis and South Korean Defence Minister Song Young-moo getting DMZ tour
2. Building on North Korean side of border
3. Western tourists on North Korean side, taking group photo, watching
4. SOUNDBITE (English) Jim Mattis, US Defense Secretary
"North Korean provocations continue to threaten regional and world peace. And despite the unanimous condemnation of the United Nations Security Council, they still proceed."
5. North Korean soldier
6. SOUNDBITE (English) Jim Mattis, US Defense Secretary
"As US Secretary of State (Rex) Tillerson has made clear, our goal is not war, but rather the complete verifiable, irreversible denuclearization of the Korean peninsula."
7. Mattis and Song shake hands
US Defense Secretary Jim Mattis visited the Demilitarized Zone marking the border between North and South Korea. He said the administration's goal is not war, but the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.