1. 00:00 Pan from reporters and photographers to Brazil Sports Minister, Aldo Rebelo (left) and Rio Mayor Eduardp Paes (right)
2. 00:09 SOUNDBITE (Portuguese) Eduardo Paes, Rio de Janeiro Mayor:
"The protests last night here in Rio were basically about other topics than 'We are against the World Cup' topic. The overall majority of Brazilian population is not against the World Cup. The overall majority wants to follow up, fiscalize, see how things will unfold, and this is not a problem. In Rio, everything went fine. Therefore� nobody here is relieved, or feels relieved. We are preparing to host a big event and that's what will happen here in Rio de Janeiro and, I'm sure, in the whole Brazil."
3. 00:49 Tilt up from microphones to Rebelo and Paes
4. 00:57 SOUNDBITE (Portuguese) Aldo Rebelo, Brazil Sports Minister:
"As I predicted it would happen, there's a tendency of reduction of the impact and the size of these protests. I believe that people, even with their demands, will be focusing towards the moment of celebration that the World Cup is. In Brazil, especially, where football, more than a sport, is an element of our population's identity."
5. 01:40 Brazil's Deputy Sports Minister Luis Fernandes (left) arriving with Ricardo Trade, World Cup Organising Committee CEO (right) to talk with media.
6. 01:50 SOUNDBITE (Portuguese) Luis Fernandes, Brazil's Deputy Sports Minister:
"There's no essential World Cup (infrastructure) work which will not be delivered, which can have time compensated through operational planning. This give us absolute confidence for making the event."
7. 02:07 Mid shot of Fernandes and Trade
8. 02:12 SOUNDBITE (Portuguese) Ricardo Trade, World Cup Organising Committee CEO:
"We will put up a show at the opener, you can be sure about that. The Corinthians stadium is one of the most well finished, one of the best pitches for the World Cup."
World Cup organisers and Brazilian political figures gathered together on Friday (May 16th) in Rio de Janeiro to discuss the city's operational plans for the World Cup.
At the City Hall's Palace, Rio de Janeiro Mayor, Eduardo Paes, welcomed Brazil's Sports Minister, Aldo Rebelo, his deputy, Luis Fernandes, and World Cup Organising Committee CEO, Ricardo Trade.
With protests being planned all over the country up until the World Cup begins, Paes said he believed that last night's (Thursday) decision for some people to take to the streets had more to do about other topics than the World Cup.
Brazil's Sports Minister agreed with the Mayor and went on to say that events similar to last year's protests during the Confederations Cup, would be very difficult to repeat in June and July.
He gave an example by saying that the World Cup Trophy Tour in the Northern city of Macapa was attended by 20,000 people, More than 10 times the number of the biggest protest in Sao Paulo.
The country's deputy sports minster and World Cup Committee CEO also spoke to the media about the competition's preparations.
Luis Fernandes criticised recent statements made by the President of Brazil's Federal Court of Accounts.
Augusto Nardes argued that Brazil "... would be ashamed during the World Cup".
"There's no essential World Cup (infrastructure) work which will not be delivered, which can have time compensated through operational planning. This give us absolute confidence for making the event," Fernandes said.
The World Cup Organising Committee CEO, Ricardo Trade, also commented on the possibility of construction on the already delayed stadium hosting the World Cup opener being halted because of health and safety concerns for workers.
He told journalists that he was not fully aware of the situation but, 'from what he reads in newspapers' there wouldn't be any possibility of the halt of stadium completion, as the requirements by Labor Ministry officials could be achieved in a very short time.