Al-Sharjah Stadium, Sharjah, UAE - 6th January 2019.
1. 00:00 Palestine captain Abdalltif Al Bahdari enters press room
2. 00:09 SOUNDBITE (Arabic): Noureddine Ould Ali, Palestine head coach:
"We have built something from this match. We wanted to do some changes during the match today, but things happened and forced us not to do so when we were given three yellow cards and a red card, so our plan changed, and we could not make any substitutions."
3. 00:55 SOUNDBITE (English): Bernd Stange, Syria head coach:
"You have always the same problem if you face teams who are defending with ten players, or at least nine, they are staying very very compact. How can you run with big speed in this group of players? The only result you will achieve are counter-attacks, and maybe an easy goal for the opponents. It's very very difficult to play this kind of teams and I think we tried everything to come over the wings, to open, to come behind the defenders."
4. 01:26 Palestine defender Muhammed Saleh in mixed zone
5. 01:30 SOUNDBITE (Arabic): Muhammed Saleh, Palestine defender:
(About the red card he was shown)
"Our ambition was to win and have the three points so we could please our people. I am sorry for the sending off, it was the wrong decision, 100 per cent the decision was not right, and the referee took a fast decision, he could have made a better decision, and the video is there to see."
6. 02:00 Palestine defender Musab Battat talking with reporters in mixed zone
"I was expecting our team to win, because we played a good game, but the sending of affected us. We could have done better, but we are happy, we played well with ten men, and I think the result was good."
"I think today's football have a lot of surprises, and we saw in the World Cup that teams left early. Palestine cane be a surprise in this Asian Cup. We have to finish the group stage and the next match will be against Australia and we will do all we can to qualify."
9. 03:09 SOUNDBITE (Arabic): Abdalltif Al Bahdari, Palestine captain:
"All the players today were real men. We managed to close the spaces in the midfield as I told you yesterday. We managed to get one point, and today we played in the second-half for 30 minutes with ten men and we managed to cover the absence, and I hope we can correct our mistakes in the second match against Australia."
10. 03:44 SOUNDBITE (Arabic): Abdalltif Al Bahdari, Palestine captain:
"For sure Australia are one of the best teams, and the defending champions, so I hope we can perform at our best."