Explosion in Istanbul injures at least 5
Dateline: Istanbul - 1 December 2015
Date: 12/01/2015 06:29 PM
Istanbul - 1 December 2015
1. Wide of emergency vehicles on an overpass near site of blast
2. Emergency workers in protective clothing approaching blast site
3. Emergency workers checking the road for evidence using torches
4. Emergency workers descending from overpass to check the road
5. Emergency workers checking the road for evidence using torches
6. Various of workers investigating by the side of the road
7. Wide of emergency vehicles on overpass
8. Emergency workers walking towards a different area
An explosion on a highway overpass near a subway station in Istanbul on Tuesday wounded five people and was caused by a bomb, a local mayor said.
The bomb was left on barriers on the overpass, said Atilla Aydiner, the mayor for Istanbul's Bayrampasa district.
The explosion occurred at 17:30 local time (15:30 GMT) at an overpass near the city's Bayrampasa subway station, on the European side of Istanbul.
Several ambulances and police vehicles were sent to the area.
Subway services at Bayrampasa and elsewhere were briefly disrupted following the explosion.