Turkey's prime ministry office has imposed a temporary blackout on coverage of the armed attack that occurred early Sunday in Istanbul, citing public order and national security reasons.
The order asks media organizations to refrain from broadcasting and publishing anything that may cause "fear in the public, panic and disorder and which may serve the aims of terrorist organizations."
The blackout includes: "moment of attack; aftermath of the attack and site of crime; public servants conducting their jobs; injured and dead… exaggerated analysis…analysis and anything related to the people suspected of involvement with the attack, their methods of transport and whereabouts".
This affects ALL coverage distributed inside Turkey.
Clients are advised to seek their own legal advice if they intend to transmit material already supplied by the AP and ongoing news coverage of this specific attack and its aftermath back into Turkey.
AP TELEVISION - NO ACCESS TURKEY
Istanbul - 1 January 2017
1. Ambulances arriving at Sisli Etfal Hospital
2. Tracking shot of injured person being carried into hospital on a stretcher
3. Set up shot of Sinem Uyanik, eyewitness in front of hospital
4. SOUNDBITE (Turkish) Sinem Uyanik, eyewitness:
"I was facing the back. My husband told me to get on the ground, then a man came. We were near the windows. We got on the ground, my husband was on me. They fired the guns. Two or three people shot. Then there was a kind of a fog, and I fainted. They fired until we got out of there. They shot. People were on the ground. Special Forces arrived and took us out. My husband was shot in three places."
5. Injured being carried on a wheelchair
6. Taxi taking injured to hospital
7. SOUNDBITE (Turkish) Sinem Uyanik, eyewitness:
"There were people on me, I pushed them. On my left, right, everyone was crying. The smell of gunpowder (was everywhere)."
8. Ambulances arriving
9. Various of people in front ot Sisli Etfal Hospital
10. Close of sign, reading (Turkish) "Sisli Etfal training and research hospital, emergency entrance"