Turkish authorities have imposed a temporary blackout on coverage of the shooting of the Russian ambassador to Turkey, Andrei Karlov, in Ankara today. The order "temporarily" bans "news reports, images and commentary other than those made by the official authorities."
This affects ALL coverage distributed inside Turkey.
Clients are advised to seek their own legal advice if they intend to transmit material already supplied by The Associated Press and ongoing news coverage of this specific incident and its aftermath back into Turkey.
AP TELEVISION - NO ACCESS TURKEY
Ankara, Turkey - 20 December 2016
1. Various of a building in Demetevler neighbourhood of Ankara, where police investigators say Russian ambassador's attacker Mevlut Mert Altintas was residing
2. Street scenes of Demetevler neighbourhood
3. Halil Karan, 22-year-old shop keeper in Demetevler neighbourhood
4. SOUNDBITE (Turkish) Halil Karan, 22 year-old shopkeeper in Demetevler neighbourhood:
"We saw him, he seemed to be a quiet and calm person. He did not speak to us too much. We sa him in the evenings, he didn't come home for a long time though."
5. Various of bicycle shop on ground floor of building where police investigators say Russian ambassador's attacker lived
6. SOUNDBITE (Turkish) Yavuz Ilgaz, 24-year-old shopkeeper in Demetevler neighbourhood:
"When we arrived in the morning, police officers were already here. We have learned that he, I would say, a member of a terror organisation was residing here, at the second floor. But it is alleged that he was actually living in Kecioren, (but) he showed this place as the official address."
7. Various of people walking in Demetevler neighbourhood