Turkey's prime ministry office has imposed a temporary blackout on coverage of the armed attack that occurred early on Sunday in Istanbul, citing public order and national security reasons.
The order asks media organisations to refrain from broadcasting and publishing anything that may cause "fear in the public, panic and disorder and which may serve the aims of terrorist organisations."
The blackout includes: "moment of attack; aftermath of the attack and site of crime; public servants conducting their jobs; injured and dead … exaggerated analysis …analysis and anything related to the people suspected of involvement with the attack, their methods of transport and whereabouts."
This affects ALL coverage distributed inside Turkey.
Clients are advised to seek their own legal advice if they intend to transmit material already supplied by the AP and ongoing news coverage of this specific attack and its aftermath back into Turkey.
AP TELEVISION - NO ACCESS TURKEY
Istanbul - 3 January 2017
1. Wide of peace marchers with banner reading: (Turkish) "We will not yield! For the sake of our future."
2. Various of marchers carrying banner
3. Marchers standing with banner
4. People carrying red flowers to lay at memorial
5. Various of people laying flowers at memorial
6. Man laying flowers then holding up hands in prayer