"They want to silence the citizens of this country; (they want to silence) the intellectuals, progressivists, westerners, those who can think better, those want to see the good days of this country much more than the others (referring to 'yes' voters), those who work more, those who pay more taxes, those who seek their rights. They want to bring the presidential system to this country; they want to bring a one-man rule. Even more, they want to do it in an unfair way. This understanding couldn't have undertaken these elections (referendum) without cheating anyway."
8. Wide of protesters in Besiktas neighborhood of Istanbul
9. Close a poster with Turkey's founding leader Mustafa Kemal Ataturk UPSOUND (Turkish) "No, we won, the struggle will continue"
10. SOUNDBITE (Turkish), Cem Bulbul, 21, protester:
"Unstamped ballots have been counted. They don't even explain where did these unstamped ballots come from. And the objections were rejected by the electoral board. We are here to protest against this."
11. Wide of protesters applauding and marching UPSOUND (Turkish) "There is a thief!" (referring to Turkey's president Recep Tayyip Erdogan)
12. Mid of a protester applauding and marching UPSOUND (Turkish) "There is a thief!"
Demonstrations against the outcome of a referendum expanding President Recep Tayyip Erdogan's powers are continuing in Istanbul, where protesters are demanding the resignation of the election board that has refused to void the vote.
About 2,000 protesters gathered in Istanbul's Besiktas neighbourhood on Wednesday evening.
The demonstrations began in smaller numbers after Sunday's vote with clattering pots and pans, but have since drawn thousands of participants expressing outrage at alleged voting irregularities.
The protesters on Wednesday evening chanted "Thief, Murderer, Erdogan" and "Don't be silent, shout out, 'no' to the presidency."
Turkey's electoral board on Wednesday rejected petitions by opposition parties to annul the outcome of the weekend's referendum on expanding presidential powers because of voting irregularities.