1. Various of people and cars in Taksim Square during snowstorm
2. Wide of snow plough
3. Taksim Square during snowstorm
4. Turkish flag waving during snow
5. Wide of mound of salt
6. Workers shovelling salt
7. SOUNDBITE (Turkish) Mehmet Sahan, Istanbul resident:
"The snowfall that started yesterday (Tuesday) in Istanbul continues (today, Wednesday) and has caused our roads to shut down. Some of the main roads are open but the back roads are all closed. Istanbul, a city of 15 million, is not just made up of main roads. We need to use back roads. We can't ensure that (roads are cleared) so we're suffering."
8. Various of vehicles on back roads
9. Car stalled on back road
10. Various of traffic on main roads
11. Various of man shovelling snow
12. SOUNDBITE (Turkish) Yunus Bulbul, Istanbul resident:
"I was an hour late to work today. The reason I was late is because the municipality is not doing enough, not doing proper work. They haven't distributed enough salt. There are salting vehicles on standby but they're (roads) not properly salted. Thousands of people like me were late to work."
13. Various of people having a snowball fight
14. SOUNDBITE (Turkish) Fatma Simsek, Istanbul resident:
"This is the first time we're seeing this much snow, we're really happy (gets hit by a snowball). We're having fun playing."
15. Fatima Simsek's friend approaching from behind and covering her face with snow