TURKISH AUTHORITIES HAVE IMPOSED A BLACKOUT ON THE DISTRIBUTION INSIDE TURKEY OF ANY MATERIAL CONCERNING THE AFTERMATH AND INVESTIGATION OF THE EXPLOSIONS AT ISTANBUL'S ATATURK AIRPORT.
THE BAN INCLUDES 'IMAGES THAT CAN LEAD TO FEAR, PANIC, CHAOS, HELPS THE AIM OF TERROR ORGANISATIONS, SHOWS THE MOMENT OF THE EXPLOSION, ITS AFTERMATH, ANYONE DEAD OR INJURED OR ANYTHING THAT WILL IMPEDE THE INVESTIGATION INCLUDING NAMING SUSPECTS.'
AP TELEVISION - NO ACCESS TURKEY
Istanbul - 29 June 2016
1. Various of Blue Mosque and people walking around
2. SOUNDBITE: (Mandarin) Amy Lee, Tourist from China:
"I'm not scared of terrorists and terrorist attacks. I'd like there to be peace in the world. I love travelling and seeing new places no matter what. The terrorist attacks do not scare me."
3. Square in front of Hagia Sophia
4. Bagel sellers in front of Hagia Sophia
5. SOUNDBITE (Vietnamese) Johnny Hoang, Tourist from Vietnam
"I got the news after we landed here, we had already checked in at our hotel in Istanbul. I feel very very sad and sorry. A lot of innocent people lost their lives. That is not good for anyone. I hope they can do something to make the security here better so that people can feel they are safe and they want to come back again."
6. Tram passing by Sultanahmet district
7. Few tourists walking in the streets
8. SOUNDBITE (Mandarin) Xin Sheng, Tourist from China:
"We love the Turkish people very much and I am happy being in Turkey. I do not feel scared of the terrorist attacks. We'd like Turkey to get better. Hopefully things will get better."
9. Various of people walking around Sultanahmet district