UK: HEATHROW AIRPORT: DIANA ROSS ARRESTED
Restrictions: No Access UK/Internet
Date: 09/22/1999 04:00 AM
Heathrow Airport, London, September 22 1999
1. Wide shot Concorde at terminal
2. Wide shot looking down on police van
3. Concorde taxiing prior to taking off
4. Exterior Heathrow Police Station
5. Close shot sign outside Heathrow Police Station
6. Press photographers outside police station
7. Various of Diana Ross on stage with Jamiroquai at Brit Awards
8. Ross and JayKay from Jamiroquai posing for press after concert
The American singer Diana Ross was arrested on Wednesday at Heathrow Airport after allegedly assaulting a security officer.
She was detained after a female security officer, who had attempted to make a body search on the singer, complained of being assaulted.
The singer was at Heathrow to board a flight to the United States, according to Air News, a news agency based at the terminal.
British Airways confirmed that she had been due to travel on the 10-50 a-m Concorde flight to New York, which took off without her.
Asked about the reported arrest, Scotland Yard said: "We can confirm that a woman was arrested at Heathrow Airport in connection with an alleged assault on a female security officer.
Police were reportedly called by security staff at approximately 10-30 a-m (0930 G-M-T) after a woman security officer complained of the alleged assault.
Scotland Yard added that the incident took place "while the woman was waiting together with other passengers for routine security checks prior to boarding a flight,"
Diana Ross is being held in custody at Heathrow Police Station.