2. SOUNDBITE (English) Anne and David Sutherland, from Adelaide, Australia:
"We knew it was summer but we didn't think it would be up amongst the thirties. I expected something in the mid twenties. But I haven't been here before and didn't know it got that hot over here."
3. London Eye with trees in the foreground
4. People buying water
5. Tourists by fountain
6. Tourist by fountain protecting themselves from the sun with umbrellas
7. Tourist waving the fans
8. Tilt down from statue in front of Buckingham Palace to women relaxing in the shadow, older woman suffering from heat effects
9. Couple waving fan by fountain
10. Paramedics treating woman for heat exhaustion
11. Woman buying ice cream
12. SOUNDBITE (Spanish) Voxpop, tourists from Mexico:
"Although you're enjoying it, you must be feeling the heat because I've seen people with their shirts off. But you must be careful because at the same time you can have too much sun."
13. Cancer Research staff giving sunscreen to man on bench at Soho Square in Central London
14. Cancer Research staff handing out leaflets about skin cancer
15. SOUNDBITE (English) Sara Hiom, Sun Smart Coordinator, Science Information Manager, Cancer Research UK
"Skin cancer is the most common cancer in the UK and it's important to remember that the number of cases are rising, not going down, so we're here to try and give out the messages about being safer in the sun."
16. Wide shot skyline over Hampstead Heath Lido swimming pool