2. SOUNDBITE: (Farsi) Sayed Mohammad Khatami, President, Islamic Republic of Iran.
"The Islamic Republic of Iran is an active partner in this global coalition, and spares no effort for the success of the international community in uprooting terrorism in viable, just and non-discriminatory measures."
3. Mid shot of Iranian delegation.
4. SOUNDBITE: (Farsi) Sayed Mohammad Khatami, President, Islamic Republic of Iran.
"The ongoing military operation in Afghanistan cannot address the root causes of of the kind of terrorism that has forced itself on the defenceless people of Afghanistan parallel to the destruction and causalities that it inflicts. On the contrary it is more likely that the continuation of the current military approach could incite sentiments that intensify intolerance and violence in the region and the whole world."
5. Mid shot of U.N. Secretary General Kofi Annan and U.N. G.A. President (centre).
6. SOUNDBITE: Atal Behari Vajpayee, Prime Minister, India.
"We must firmly rebuff any ideological, political, or religious justification for terrorism. We should reject self-serving arguments seeking to classify terrorism according to its root causes, and therefore justifying terrorist action somewhere while condemning it elsewhere. Those that advance these arguments should explain what the root causes of the brutal acts of September 11th were."
7. Mid shot of General Assembly (Afghanistan).
8. SOUNDBITE: (Korean) Lee Han-dong, Prime Minister, Republic of Korea.
"Immediately after the terrorist attacks, the Security Council and the General Assembly denouncing terrorism and calling for measures for its elimination. This prompt action, as well as the ensuing debates at the U.N., attest to the major role played by the organisation in the anti-terrorism effort. The government of the Republic of Korea will continue to actively take part in the measures taken by the United Nations, including the implementation of Security Council Resolution 1373, and will join the effort to free the international community from the scourge of terrorism."
9. Mid shot of Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf (left) and Iranian President Sayed Mohammad Khatami (right) during bi-lateral meeting.
10. Mid shot of meeting.
11. Wide shot of meeting.
12. Mid shot of demonstrators (anti-Khatami protestors).