1. Wide of FBI Special Agent David Johnson speaking at news conference
2. SOUNDBITE: (English) David Johnson, special agent in charge of San Francisco division, FBI:
"Fang self-surrendered to officers from the Daly City Police Department, at which time agents from the FBI, Bureau of Diplomatic Security and the San Francisco Police Department took him into custody."
3. Mid of journalists
4. SOUNDBITE: (English) David Johnson, special agent in charge of San Francisco division, FBI:
"We investigated this incident as a criminal matter, and there are no indications at this time to suggest that it was motivated by terrorism, politics or civil rights issues."
5. Wide of Johnson giving Police Chief Greg Suhr podium
6. SOUNDBITE: (English) Greg Suhr, San Francisco Police Chief:
"It was so important to close this matter quickly so that anybody couldn't make of it more than it was. The fixed presence of the Police Department at the Consulate will remain. We cherish our relationships with all our consulates here in San Francisco, and want them to know that they are safe."
7. Wide of Johnson and other officials leaving news conference
8. Mid of Johnson and Suhr chatting
9. SOUNDBITE: (English) Greg Suhr, San Francisco Police Chief:
"We have a plan that's very good in place to ensure that our consular core is safe, including the Chinese consulate. Our northern station officer had just been by the consulate on this particular night and was the first responder to the event and actually got the fire down a couple times."
10. Wide exterior of Federal building in San Francisco
11. Close of Federal building sign, reading: (English) "Phillip Burton Federal Building and United States Court House, 450 Golden Gate Avenue"
FILE: 2 January 2014
12. Wide of Chinese consulate building with burned front door
13. Close of burned Chinese consulate sign, reading: (English/Mandarin) "Consulate General of the People's Republic of China"
14. Mid tilt down from top to bottom of consulate front door