"The Taliban uses chemical warfare, it was in Time Magazine this week that most likely they will use chemical warfare. And I would like to be protected because I have a lot of hope, a lot of dreams in my life that are unfulfilled. "
3. Various shop interiors
4. SOUNDBITE (English) Paul Guhring, shop owner:
"We've sold at least four-thousand gas masks. We're down to our last 20. They are afraid of chemical warfare, there is a suspicion of anthrax to the air."
5. Various of nuclear, chemical and biological attack drills
6. SOUNDBITE Stephen S. Morse, Centre for Public Health Preparedness:
"At the moment I think it is extremely unlikely, but the city has taken the possibility seriously for a very long time. The city has held drills, preparing for biological and chemical incidents, has access to stock piles of anti-biotics and vaccines. And some of the best expertise in the world is here."
7. Man trying out gun in shop
8. SOUNDBITE (English) Steven Eisenberg, Firing Line Gun Club:
"There is a fear out there and as our president says we basically have an unseen enemy that we don't know about."