2. Pan from flames to fire fighters battling flames with water hose
3. Close of fire fighter using water hose
4. Close of flames
5. Wide of house, pan to fire fighter battling blaze
6. SOUNDBITE: (English) David Jensen, home owner:
"I used to live on the other side of the town and I had a fire come close, but never this close. This, they said, is going to burn right to the wall of our house and they're going to hit it right at the last minute."
7. Various of blaze
8. Rear shot of fire fighters looking at flames
9. Various of fire fighters meeting
10. Pan of fire fighter looking at smoke, talking to colleagues
11. Rear shot of fire fighter looking at smoke
12. Wide of smoke near house
13. Wide of fire engine
14. Fire fighter talking to residents
15. SOUNDBITE: (English) David Endaya, Fire Captain, Ventura City Fire Department:
"I reported to duty yesterday morning in the city of Ventura at 7 a.m. (14:00 GMT), and now it's coming up on nine, ten o'clock (16:00/17:00 GMT) the next morning so we've been on since yesterday at 7 a.m. (14:00 GMT)."
(Question: Anything else you'd like to add?)
"No, we're just glad to be here. We realise a person's home is their life and with lives and property to protect and we're glad to come out here and help when these large incidents occur."
16. Pan of children and local residents inside Red Cross shelter
17. Mid of women inside shelter
18. SOUNDBITE: (English) Susan D'Amaro, resident:
"The fire was out of control, they were worried about where it was going to go, it was a little bit unpredictable so they wanted to clear everyone out of the area."