1. New York Mayor Rudolph Giuliani walks into briefing
2. SOUNDBITE: (English) Rudolph Giuliani, New York Mayor:
"Late this afternoon, actually early this evening, we were notified that there was a woman who works at Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital that appeared to have symptoms of anthrax"
3. Various microscopic photos of anthrax
4. Giuliani at podium
5. SOUNDBITE: (English) Rudolph Giuliani, New York Mayor:
"Here's what we know. We know that she has symptoms that are indicative of anthrax. That doesn't mean definitive. One test, the P-C-R which is a preliminary test, is positive. We could find out tomorrow that the definitive test is negative or positive. So we don't know the answer to that yet. But since the P-C-R test came back positive we have to take the steps that we would take as if she had anthrax. It may turn out that she does have anthrax in which case these steps are absolutely necessary. It may turn out that she doesn't and if she doesn't these steps are necessary out of an excess of caution."
6. Various microscopic photos of anthrax
7. SOUNDBITE (English) Neal Cohen, New York City Health Commissioner:
"We will be contacting patients who visited the facility going back to October 11 which would be a 14 day period prior to the woman's onset of illness."