1. Wide shot of confetti at the new 'Hollywood and Highland' complex
2. Medium shot of crowd
3. Wide of confetti in front of Kodak theatre
4. SOUNDBITE: (English) Rob Reiner, actor/director
"I am announcing here, today, that Hollywood is back."
5. Medium of crowd applauding
6. Red carpet being brought out
7. Medium of police of rooftop.
8. SOUNDBITE: (English) Frank Pierson, President of the Academy Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences
"We look forward to holding the movie industry's biggest night, once again, in the neighbourhood that is synonymous with movies all over the world. We think Hollywood and Highland will help Hollywood reclaim its place as the world centre of art, entertainment, excitement and glamour."
File - March 2001
9. 73rd Academy awards.
November 9, 2001
10. Wide shot of Kodak theatre, new home for the Academy Awards
11. Various of 'Hollywood and Highland' complex
12. Hollywood Boulevard sign
13. Various of less glamourous parts of Hollywood Boulevard
14. SOUNDBITE: (English) John Die, tourist
"It's not quite as glitzy as I'd imagined. I might get over to Beverly Hills later."
15. Singer Randy Newman performing.
16. Pull back from famous 'Hollywood' sign to new complex and crowds