USA: CALIFORNIA: MOURNERS PAY THEIR LAST RESPECTS TO SONNY BONO
Date: 09/01/1998 05:00 AM
Palm Springs, California, U-S-A - 8 January 1998
1. Exterior shots of people queuing to get into St Teresa Roman Catholic Church
2. Tilt down picture of Bono above coffin inside church
3. Exterior wide shot of mountains and palm trees
4. People signing register of condolence
5. People in church walking up to view coffin and pay respects
6. Girl seated on bench in church
7. Zoom out of women seated
8. Wide shot from behind of people going up to coffin
9. Woman touching coffin
10. Man kneeling and crossing himself in front of coffin
11. Close up of woman kneeling by coffin
12. Wide shot of people filing up to coffin
Hundreds of mourners paid their last respects to Sonny Bono on the eve of his funeral.
The Republican Congressman Bono - and former rock star - died on Monday in a skiing accident at South Lake Tahoe in California.
The line began building outside the church more than two hours ahead of the vigil in the desert resort of Palm Springs 100 miles (160 kilometres) east of Los Angeles.
Having signed the register of condolences, many mourners kneeled and prayed in front of the mahogany casket covered with a U-S flag.
Hundreds of celebrities and politicians were expected to attend Friday's funeral mass, scheduled for 11 am local time (1600 GMT).
Bono's family members, among them his ex-wife and singing partner Cher and their daughter Chastity, attended a private prayer service in his memory Wednesday night.