1. cu Ray Simpson, reporter and witness SOUNDBITE: (in English) "I was sitting in the front row... in front of Malcolm... he came out on stage.. raised his hand in Muslim greeting... I heard a rumbling... turned around to see... I saw two guys standing up... gunshot... Malcolm said 'Stay cool'... I turned around next thing I saw, Malcolm fall in a dead faint. After that mad confusion... first impression as a reporter was to get to a telephone and file the story... I saw one of the perpetrators running out... he was shooting like a cowboy... after that, pandemonium in the place."
2. ws pan of street corner to theatre
3. ws marquee of theatre, crowds around
4. ms Marquee of Audubon Ballroom
5. ms Mrs X into car
6. ms police and reporters
7. cu sign 'Positively No Cameras Allowed In Ballroom'
8. mcu police finger pointing to bullet mark on wall
9. ms policemen, pan down to bullet mark on floor
10. cu bullet mark, circled
Film: Pos - Sound: Opt SOF- B&W - NYFilm: a0013184 - LN Number: No - Available in HD
Scenes of the site of the murder of Nation of Islam black Moslim leader Malcolm X at the Audubon Ballroom in New York. Interview with a black reporter Ray Simpson, who witnessed the shooting. Police ispector Harry Toylor gave a press briefing.